General English Courses
The course aims to develop your English language and communication skills in a safe and fun school environment.
The content of the course will cover language (grammar, vocabulary and pronunciation) and the development of skills (reading, writing, speaking and listening). There is a focus on oral and aural skills (speaking and listening).
To monitor and support student development, there are tutorials for all students. In these tutorials you need to take responsibility for your learning and set some targets or goals you would like to achieve every week.
Elementary (A1 +- A2)
- Can understand and use familiar everyday expressions and very basic phrases aimed at the satisfaction of needs of a concrete type.
- Can introduce him / herself and others and can ask and answer questions about personal details such as where he/she lives, people he/she knows and things he/she has.
- Can interact in a simple way provided the other person talks slowly and clearly and is prepared to help.
- Can understand sentences and frequently used expressions related to areas of most immediate relevance (e.g. very basic personal and family information, shopping, local geography, employment).
- Can communicate in simple and routine tasks requiring a simple and direct exchange of information on familiar and routine matters.
- Can describe in simple terms aspects of his/her background, immediate environment and matters in areas of immediate need.
- Can understand the main points of clear standard input on familiar matters regularly encountered in work, school, leisure, etc.
- Can deal with most situations likely to arise while travelling in an area where the language is spoken.
- Can produce simple connected text on topics that are familiar or of personal interest.
- Can describe experiences and events, dreams, hopes and ambitions and briefly give reasons and explanations for opinions and plans.
Upper Intermediate (B1 +- B2)
- Can understand the main ideas of complex text on both concrete and abstract topics, including technical discussions in his/her field of specialisation.
- Can interact with a degree of fluency and spontaneity that makes regular interaction with native speakers quite possible without strain for either party.
- Can produce clear, detailed text on a wide range of subjects and explain a viewpoint on a topical issue giving the advantages and disadvantages of various options.
Exam Preparation Courses
The exam preparation course includes preparation for Reading, Writing and use of English papers. It also includes preparation for the speaking and listening test papers.
To monitor and support student development, there are tutorials for all students. In these tutorials you need to take responsibility for your learning and set some targets or goals you would like to achieve every four weeks.
IELTS Exam Preparation
This exam preparation course will prepare you for the IELTS (International English Language Testing Systems) test.
This is the ideal test if you need to study or work where English is the language of communication. IELTS is recognized by governments, academic and employment institutions.
IELTS scores are recognised by universities and colleges, employers, immigration authorities and professional bodies.
British universities and other centres of education generally require IELTS level 6.0 or higher as evidence of language ability.
Our preparation course includes:
- Preparation for Reading, Writing, and Use of English papers.
- Preparation for Speaking Test and Listening papers.
- Exam practice.